Pooh Reflecting

Pooh Reflecting
Pooh Reflecting

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Go To Sleep My Baby


And of course Billy Blunder reminded me of an even more special song - a lullaby in fact. My mother used to sing it to me when I was little, and I sang it to my daughter and my grandchildren when they were babies. Apparently it is the chorus to a song called "Wyoming". The midi that follows is the whole song, but about a third of the way through it goes to the chorus - and these are the words:
Go to sleep my baby
Close your pretty eyes
Angels up above thee
Watching dearie from above the skies
Great big moon is shining
Stars begin to peep
'Tis time for little picaninnies
To go to sleep

http://parlorsongs.com/content/w/wyoming.mid

Still brings tears to my eyes to hear it. I hope I can sing it to Susan's children one day.

1 comment:

  1. Child Psychologist Reveals Baby Sleep Secret

    By doing this 1 weird trick, can you really get your baby to sleep in less than one minute?

    This really works: It's the #1 most important discovery for parents in over 25 years!

    Not only that, but it works free of harmful chemicals, gimmicks or gizmos that cost a lot but do little ...

    Fact is, research from the Stanford Sleep lab shows that this simple 27-second trick added to your parenting routine allows your child to sleep through the nigh.

    It activates the pineal gland flushing your little one’s body with melatonin, the save yet utterly effective sleep hormone… you'll discover exactly how at the link below:

    Click here ===> 27-second trick INSTANTLY puts babies to rest and helps them sleep through the night <=== <<<





    ReplyDelete