Pooh Reflecting

Pooh Reflecting
Pooh Reflecting

Saturday, August 6, 2011

YAF

Young Adult Fellowship!  Oh, how one longed to turn 13 so you could join YAF.  This was the Church youth group, but you had to be 13 to join.  How I envied Pam Ratten, because her birthday was in May, and I didn't turn 13 until the August.  YAF was run by the minister, Brian Dowsett - can't remember if other adults were involved.  We had film nights, discos, games nights - can't actually remember what else we did.  It was held on Saturday night in the Church Hall, unless we went somewhere else. We also went on camps, but can't remember if they were YAF activities or just Church activities, the former I think.  The camps were at Banksia Peninsula on the Gippsland Lakes.  I always thought it was called Camp Banksia - but from the little I can find on the net it seems it may be called Camp Cormorant.
I dearly remember the outdoor altar on the banks of Lake Victoria - particularly one beautiful dawn service on Easter Sunday, where we were joined by kangaroos.  I also remember a trainee minister who was with us on one camp (can't remember his name though) who said Grace for one meal - "Heavenly Pa! Ta! Amen."  Wish I could find a photo somewhere, especially of the altar.

No comments:

Post a Comment