Pooh Reflecting

Pooh Reflecting
Pooh Reflecting

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Victor Borge

When I was a kid I remember dad playing Victor Borge records.  I loved them.  He was so clever and so funny.
Later, when I was working as a Curriculum Consultant someone somewhere played Borge's Inflationary Language as an example of Maths in everyday life!  It was brilliant.  I searched everywhere for a CD version of Borge but couldn't find one.
While we were in Merimbula last time we went into a little second-hand shop in Tura Beach and lo and behold there was a video of Victor Borge, including Inflationary Language.  I had to have it - especially at $2!  When we came home Jim transferred it to DVD for me.  It is so funny.
Here's a video of Inflationary Language.

I've added this video of Phonetic Punctuation which is equally funny.

I could keep adding lots more, because it is all funny, but these will do, even though they don't exhibit his piano playing skills.  If you want to see more check out the other videos listed in YouTube.
Can't help it - I just had to add The Minute Waltz as well.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment